Skip to main content
202 N Cedar Ave Suite #1, Owatonna, MN 55060 | (651) 256-3069
by Minnesota Registered Agent Services LLC

Certificate of Authority in Minnesota – Filing Service

Foreign Corporation in MN

If you are a corporation based in a state other than Minnesota and want to transact business in Minnesota, you will need a Certificate of Authority from the State of Minnesota. You can obtain one by filing as a foreign corporation with the Minnesota Secretary of State, Corporations Division. After you submit your forms, the State of Minnesota will return a completed certificate of authority to you. A Minnesota foreign corporation is not to be confused with an out-of-country corporation. Any corporation not actually formed (created) in Minnesota is a foreign corporation.

Minnesota Registered Agent Services LLC charges for the state filing fees plus $100 to prepare and file the foreign Minnesota corporation Certificate of Authority form with the Corporations Division of the Minnesota Secretary of State. We will also track down the documentation needed from the home state of your incorporation to submit your paperwork.

If you want to do the filing yourself: you just need to sign up for our Minnesota registered agent service and the foreign corporation form is already in your client account immediately. As an added bonus, we’ve included some filing tips on how to submit your paperwork with the state. Your business needs to have a Minnesota registered agent anyway, so we try to make this an easy process for you, whether you want us to submit your papers or you want to do the filing yourself.

How Do I Get Started?

-Simply sign up for our registered agent service first. Next, you can look at the form for foreign corporations in your online account and also at the included filing tips. If you decide not to do the filing yourself, you can click the “Add services” tab from your account, and add our filing services for $100 plus the state filing fees. At all times, you can check the real time status of our work in progress. After we are done with your Minnesota foreign corporation registration, we always store the filing into your online account, email you a copy, and send you the original filed documents by mail.